Are you a high school student who enjoys writing? Are you planning to attend college? Do you need an internship? The Scholarship Opportunity Blog would love to hear from you! We’re currently looking for four high school students (preferrably one freshman, one sophomore, one junior, and one senior). We’d like you to write about topics relating to issues that are important to high school students like yourself. We’re interested in hearing what you’re doing to prepare for college including:
- Studying for and taking standardized tests (PSAT, SAT, and ACT)
- Selection of classes and coursework
- Extracurricular activities
- Community service
- Working while in school
- Dual enrollment
- Selecting a college
- Applying to college
- Paying for college
- Finding and winning scholarships
- How you use social media
- Student loans and debt
We’re interested in YOUR experiences, thoughts, worries, questions, and issues you bump up against while in high school.
You would write one blog post per month on a topic of your choice. We will provide you with a professional writer and editor to polish your post prior to publication. We often receive requests from companies to review their products. While we are not paid for endorsements or reviews, we do receive these products for free. If you write an honest product review, you’ll get to keep the products for your own personal use. We think your opinion as a high school student is invaluable.
While this is a blogging internship, your photo and name will be published monthly, allowing you to gain real-world work experience and get the attention of college admissions counselors and scholarship committees. While this internship is unpaid (this year), there are perks! You’ll receive FREE:
- Copies of the Get a College Degree without Drowning in Debt series,
- Attend our classes,
- Receive individual coaching,
- Learn how to find and win scholarships
- Work with a professional editor and learn how to read proofreader’s marks,
- Hone your writing skills,
- Gain real-world experience
- Create your Scholarship Portfolio, and
- Get that all-important letter of recommendation.
Although we work in Vermont, our student bloggers can be located anywhere in the US. We’re looking for students who can make a one-year commitment. If you’re able to meet deadlines and want to learn how to blog and write professionally, reach out and send us an email today along with a short statement as to why this opportunity excites you.